Friday, August 22, 2008

Somebody Moved My Cheese!


I need a complete make-over, and I need it now. What I really and truly need is a total attitude adjustment, a new lens on my perception filter, platinum blond hair dye. Oh, and while I'm at it - gas to be under $2 a gallon again.

I try to be flexible. I do. Up to a point. Then I want a goal. Then I plan for the goal. Then I reach the goal....get it?

I have had an impromptu vacation thrust upon me. The plans seem to change hourly. So far this is what we have managed to "firm up".
  • leave Sunday morning after church.
  • go to a wedding Friday morning in eastern Idaho.
  • drive down to Utah Friday afternoon.

As you can see, there are a few gaping holes. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Oh, and Saturday. And when we're coming home - a 1,000 mile trip in itself.

This might be a great opportunity to try and learn to be more spontaneous...as long as I don't turn out like Krook (from Charles Dickens' novel Bleak House). He spontaneously combusted.

5 comments:

Keira said...

I can tell you who moved your cheese...

I'm smart that way.

OKTownsends said...

I am going to UT on Monday for the week. Do you know where you are going to be? I am sure I will see you sometime in the next few years though because we just bought a house last week in Anacortes. We are not moving yet. If you ever need a vacation in Anacortes let me know, wouldn't take much gas to get there.

Debbie said...

We'll only be in SL for a day or two over the weekend. Steve's mother is recovering from surgery and is supposed to be going home then. We wouldn't even be going there, except Steve mentioned it to his mom and she got really excited about us coming.

It would be great to see you sometime when you come up here - you're right - Anacortes doesn't take too much gas.

Suzanne said...

I think Keira hit the cheese on the head.

Mad Runner said...

Is that sizzling I hear? It's Monday night and I swear I smell cheese burning! I'm watching the eastern sky for a huge mushroom cloud just in case....Poof!