Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine #14 - Happy Valentines Day

Excerpt from my Valentines card from my husband:

Rhett: Did you pick all the brownie chunks out of the ice cream?

Scarlett: Maybe.

I was very impressed that my husband found a card all about us and our somewhat stormy (ha ha) relationship over the years. We have grown to know each other better and better as those years have passed by. Steve wouldn't even feel the need to ask who had been "mining" in the ice cream, and if he did have the temerity to ask, I would answer with a simple "yes, it was I."

We met in 1980 in the Wilkinson Center and danced together for the first time. Our dance instructor asked us to "pick a partner" Steve took her literally, and here we are 27 1/2 years later still dancing.

Happy Valentines, sweetie. And thank you for the pink carnations. I like the irony, and the fact that they are disposable after a few days.

No comments: