Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Meeting of the Minds

I have a thing about meetings. I do not like unnecessary meetings, or meetings that ramble on and on. If I must go to a meeting I like a firm start and end time and a clear and concise agenda. A successful meeting accomplishes goals. If a handout is given, assume that the people in the meeting can read - don't read it all for them.

That said, I am booked for bi-monthly stake girls camp meetings. I think I am the certification advisor. There is no firm schedule to work with yet, but we do have "themes" to work with. We have a floral theme going on. Each ward is a different color and flower. Our ward is the orange tulips. Do tulips come in orange? I have bit of a rotten attitude about the whole flower thing. Stake Camp (of which I am a part) will be "Mums" and our shirts will be burgundy. Sounds a bit like "Queen Mum". It's probably a really good idea to never put me in charge of girls camp - I tend to have a more rigid, drill sergeant demeanor - when what they seem to want here is a Fairy Godmother.


(I have a different idea for the Stake Camp flower, and we wouldn't even have to change our shirt color....)


I think this sounds like I don't enjoy Girls Camp. It's not that, it's that I do enjoy a good nights sleep and the two seem to be mutually exclusive. Did I mention that it takes place during the week of my anniversary?



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Seriously, the corpse flower?! I was laughing out loud.

Keira said...

Bucket shaped and smells like death? Sounds like my diaper pail to me.