Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Super Steve


We've been discussing imaginary superpowers and alter egos on Keira's blog. Keira is "Personal Space Woman", Suzanne "The Lethal Listener", Tia "Sonic Boom", Nathan "Captain Mop-up" and mine, well, let's just leave it on Keira's blog.


Anyway....I was thinking about my husband's superpowers - and I would have to say that they can best be described as an amalgamation of Keira's, Nathan's and Suzanne's. Especially Suzanne's, but he has his own way of using them.


Even though Vin Diesel has already used it, I would call my husband....wait for it.....The Pacifier. Able to put screaming babies into a comatose state without blinking an eye. I've never met anyone that could take a crying baby and put it to sleep faster. He has a special hold - he cradles them in the crook of one arm, and in the other hand he holds the newspaper(and "reads harder"). I believe his real secret is being able to completely tune out the screaming (ala "The Lethal Listener)- and somehow the babies sense that he isn't paying attention and they simply surrender to the inevitable. Doesn't matter whose baby it is...they all eventually succumb.

As for super-hero costume - probably something in washable camouflage and instead of a cape he would sport a burp cloth on his shoulder (in case of "mop-ups").

1 comment:

Keira said...

I remember a trip to Ikea where Steve used his super powers to sedate Jonah as an infant--a lifesaver.