Friday, February 22, 2008

Be Kind, Rewind


Steve and I went out for a date tonight. It was lovely to get out for the evening. Really lovely. Thank you.

We went to the movies and saw "Be Kind, Rewind". Not an Oscar contender, but not too painful either. I'd like to recommend it, but it doesn't end as satisfactorily as I would like it to...It sort of dribbles off the screen.

For those who are keeping track - 47 days to go. I wish I could have found a clip of Hugh Laurie (as Bertie Wooster) singing:


JEEVES & WOOSTER

47 GINGER HEADED SAILORS LYRICS


Now there's a good ship,H.M.S. Cock-Robin.

On her home trip,Up and down she's bobbin'

Oh the crew's pretty tough.

The sea is so rough.

They're all fed up and say

That they've had more than enough.


She's got a father

He's an able seaman

And they call him Redhead Tom

I wire to say I'll meet you

And with your friends I'll treat you

So who do you think I've had a message from?


Forty-seven ginger-headed sailors

Coming home across the briney sea

When the anchor's weighed

And the jouney's made

Yes they'll start the party

With a heave-ho, me-hearty


Forty-seven ginger-headed sailors

You can bet you're going to hear them when they hail us

An old maid down in Devon

Said my idea of heaven

Is forty-seven ginger-headed sailors!

3 comments:

Keira said...

My idea of heaven is along the short Mexican programmer line. (And I don't need 47.--But excellently obscure number reference for your count-down.)

Suzanne said...

I can tell 47 is going to be a favorite of mine.

I love watching movies, it's always a shame when they don't end up how "I" want them to end. I'm such a cliche; I want the couple to end up together, David to beat Goliath, or the bus to have enough gas (?1). I see so few movies in the theaters these days, I want my money's worth.

I hope you had a grea date night anyhow.

Debbie said...

I think 47 will be one of my favorites, but I'm totally looking forward to smaller numbers.

Had a nice time last night. The movie didn't really suck - it just needed more of an ending.