Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Ramblings


8:00am - realized that I had promised to substitute for Daniel's Sunday School class. Oops. Thank goodness for lds.org. I remembered the basic topic and was able to print up the lesson and the handouts. Then I got dressed for church.

8:45am - left for church

10:15 am Sunday School - 9 twelve and thirteen year olds. The lesson went quite well. It was nice for me to hear 8 other kids (besides Danny) read scriptures aloud. Danny has a much better scripture vocabulary and fluency than any of the other kids. That's not to say that he understands anything any better, but he doesn't stumble over archaic language. Yea Danny.

Noon - drove home from church.

12:10pm - involved in a "hit and run". Yes - Hit and Run. As we were driving past the golf course a dog ran out in front of me. I slowed way down and missed it, but the doggie had a canine companion that wasn't paying attention. Dog #2 ran headlong into the side of our van. I started to pull over, in case I had killed it or something - but when I glanced in the rear view mirror - there was Dog #1 AND Dog #2 running down the street. Dumb dogs.

I think I'm pretty much done for the day. Time to put on some loungewear and relax. Sunday is after all a day of rest.

45
days to go.....

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love Sunday afternoon lounge wear.

Did the dog do any damage? Maybe the dog has been in several hit and run accidents.

Debbie said...

No damage to the van - as far as I could tell. It just smeared some of the road dust. If I hit it several more times I could skip washing it.

Keira said...

Creepiest story I've heard all day. Bar none.