Friday, February 1, 2008

My World's On Fire - How 'Bout Yours?

Washington State is a study in contrasts this week. Near record breaking snow, avalanches, closed mountain passes - and yet in my house it's downright tropical. Our fireplace has been doing overtime.

Danny was supposed to go to the Boy Scout's Klondike Derby. It's an annual overnight event held up at Ensign Ranch, which is just over the Snoqualmie Pass. Unfortunately the pass is unpassable. Oh well, I was trying to figure out how to fit his splinted hand into a glove. His Scoutmaster is going to have all the scouts over to his house for a party this evening instead. I suspect it will get pretty warm over there. Hmmm. 10 to 12 hot sweaty 12 and 13 year old boys. I'll stick to my hot house.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

If you're working on your office this weekend, you'll be able to keep the window open. I'm sure Steve will love working in the garage. Two great reasons to have a project this weekend.

Keira said...

I kept trying to turn the sound up on the deaf video--I Am An Idiot.

Debbie said...

You are just the sort of person they made the video for...totally insensitive to the accessibility issues that plague the deaf and/or (insert disability of the month here).

Suzanne said...

Oh Keira....weren't you the one that took sign language in college? You crack me up.