Monday, February 18, 2008

Nothing a Little Make-up Won't Cover

I'm sporting a bit of a black eye this morning. I can't tell yet, but I might have 2 black eyes. My nose is a little swollen and red also. Boy am I glad it's not school picture day at my house.

How did I manage to get a black eye on a quiet Sunday evening? No, my husband doesn't beat me. I am not a pro wrestler...or boxer. I have grandchildren.


I was trying to help Trevor (age 3 1/2) to get his pajamas on - I was leaning over him as he was crouched down on the floor. All of a sudden he sprang up - right into my nose. The good news is that I'm pretty sure he didn't break my nose, but boy oh boy did it hurt. My son-in-law was very concerned (he was the lone witness) - especially when I covered my face with my hands and was unable to speak for a minute or two. He was probably imagining newpaper headlines: "THREE YEAR OLD TOT WALLOPS GRANDMA - FACIAL RECONSTRUCTION NEEDED!"

4 comments:

Keira said...

My parenting pet peeve? Being smacked in the face for any reason. My natural impulse is to chuck aforementioned child as far as I can throw him. Anything else I can handle but I pity you the face walloping--I hope you regain your looks.

Debbie said...

Frankly, it's not that bad - I just look like I haven't slept for a couple of days - just a little puffy underneath my eyes with faint dark circles. I just couldn't resist posting about it.

Suzanne said...

Keira, did we go the the same parenting school?! I swear that I have gotten much better at protecting my face, but there are days...

Keira said...

Where's the picture of the bruiser?