Thursday, February 14, 2008

Take a Hike!

It's no secret that I love to travel. I love the planning/researching phase nearly as much as I like taking the actual trip. When Steve and I went to Europe a few years ago I had a great time planning the trip. One of the resources that I used was a Rick Steves travel guide. He had some great tips on places to go, and how to best use your time in some of the cities that we visited.

Rick Steves is actually from Edmonds, Washington, which is just down the road - about 30 miles south of us. I wish I didn't find his guide books so useful, because I have a few issues with the increasingly liberal slant to his writings. I don't much care if he is a far-left, tree hugging, pot smoking, hippie liberal, if he is, fine - just don't foist that off on the rest of us "ugly Americans". He seems to get a little more self righteous and "down with Americans" as he goes on. Oh well, look who he's hanging out with now....ACLU. Nuff' said.

2 comments:

Keira said...

"Computer says no."

Blast you Computer! Blast you to Heck!

Debbie said...

I've got some seats on Air Zimbabwe...

To Zimbabwe.

Then you make your way to Disneyworld on foot.