Monday, May 2, 2011

My Father-in-Law...in a box.

Now that I have a picture of it, I can definitely see a little puffiness from
un-taut fabric. I wonder if I should try to spray glue the fabric?
This is my first attempt at putting together a shadow box.  I'm pleased with the composition - all the elements in it belonged to my late father-in-law. I love the picture I found of him working on an automotive assembly line (I had no idea he had done that for a little while).  My only complaint is that I didn't get the backing stretched tight enough.  Aargh.

I am hoping to hang this today...we'll see if I get to it.

4 comments:

Tia Harrington said...

I like it a lot!

Mad Runner said...

Love it!

Stephanie said...

Your title sounds a bit funereal.
The shadow box is incredible.

Rebekah said...

Yeah, based on the title, I thought this was about a coffin... but it looks cool!