Saturday, May 21, 2011

All Things Slothful


Danny has a big research paper due in Biology on Monday.  Which means that both of us get to become well acquainted with his chosen subject matter.

His chosen subject matter?  The three-toed sloth. 

Would you like to know a few of the fascinating facts that I learned today?
  • sloths are the slowest moving mammal.
  • sloths body temperatures can fluctuate as much as 10 degrees in a day. I seldom do that.
  • a full grown sloth weighs about 8 or 9 pounds.
  • during the dry season a sloth can hold 'it' for two weeks, and then make a 2 pound dump! Yikes!
  • sloths take care of all of their other business while hanging in a tree.  All of it.
Thankfully, he was able to finish up his rough draft before dinner...another 30-60 minutes and he should be done (and by he, I mean we).

Did you want to know more? Yeah, me neither.

2 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Yawnnnn...I'm doing a math packet and science poster. I know whereof you speak!

Tia Harrington said...

Ironic!