Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Empire Strikes Bath...Reveal!

First of all, there was no way I was ever going to get good pictures of this bathroom makeover - lack of window = no natural light. So just deal with it.

Walls were painted Martha Stewart Living Nimbus Cloud - color matched to Behr Premium Plus paint - flat finish. It's basically a light gray. The vanity was then painted Antique Tin (again, in a Behr Premium Plus) in a satin finish.


How much concentrated Star Wars can you handle? We managed to
fit in the Death Star, Rebel Scum AND R2D2 over the toilet... 

...Obi Wan is flossing his teeth next to the sink...
 
...Yoda and Frozen Han are hanging out just above our very
awesome and functional Boba Fett laundry bag...

Too much concentrated Star Wars awesomeness? I think not.

I've pretty much covered all my projects in earlier posts (which I have linked to)...except maybe the metal pegboard, but it's exactly the same pegboard I used in my office makeover here and here (purchased through Amazon). The silver shelf/basket thingies and the round magnet tins (minus the cool pictures) were purchased from IKEA, the black vinyl-coated wire baskets and assorted pegs were purchased from Home Depot (as was the plastic backed drop cloth used to make the laundry hamper and the round mirrors).

4 comments:

Keira said...

You're right. The pictures stink. Maybe everyone should plan a trip to come see it (and use it) in person!

Stephen said...

A bathroom like no other. It's great. I love all the ways you displayed the Star Wars theme. Vader would be proud.

Not quite the Bradys said...

GASP! "There is no charge for awesomeness." Thanks for letting me blogstalk! Husband just happened to playing with his light saber app on his ipod when I clicked over to this little gem. Gotta tell ya, having light saber sound effects really adds to the experience. :D

Tia Harrington said...

I now think you should plan theme music to each of you blog posts. This is pretty awesome!