Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let There be Light!

I put in the lights this afternoon, and I must say, I love them. They each cost $10 at IKEA. The only tool I needed was Steve's power drill (to drill 4 pilot holes in the ceiling).

I kept waffling about what to put up on the walls - I finally brought out the picture (bottom left) with the 4 trees - I had originally planned to use it as my 'inspiration' piece...then I forgot about it as we changed from green office walls to yellow...but it all came full circle...back to green, and voila! I knew what direction I wanted to go.  I had another tree picture (upper right) that I had painted along with the inspiration piece, so I filched it from the laundry room wall (trust me, no one will miss it), and I framed the pic in the upper left (which I also painted). Stephanie painted the pic of the Seattle temple, and I drew/wrote the family tree picture). My new cork board was free - I had a 12 inch square of cork that I cut down to fit a frame I already had.
Family names...in no particular order. Special thanks to Suzanne for the idea.
This quote from Serenity has become my decorating motto.

2 comments:

Keira said...

Gosh I love this. Love, love, love. That's how I decorate too...I find something I like, grab a paint color, change direction, go thrifting, change direction again...I love it.

Tia Harrington said...

I love it!