Friday, January 2, 2009

The Ghost of Christmas Past....

I think we are officially done with Christmas. We got our last two packages this evening. At 8:10pm. Yeah. You heard me. 8:10pm. UPS has come later - we've had them dropping off stuff as late as 9pm. Yes, 9pm.

Danny kept checking the tracking online. Nothing. We started keeping an eye out the windows after dark. I had just about given up when they finally showed up. Steve and Danny went out to the truck - it took the guy a few minutes to find our packages - we didn't just have his new netbook computer, we also got our Christmas package from David.

Among other things, David sent us a photo calendar with multiple pictures for each month. I forced him to divulge his source - he finally admitted that he gave the pictures to Xuehui (his girlfriend) and she put it together. So...thank you David AND Xuehui! It's awesome.

Steve and Danny are having a great time installing more memory in Danny's new netbook, charging the battery, installing programs, reading the instructions...not necessarily in that order.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Danny looks like he's willing to get in the computer to make sure everything is working.

I think that we're done with Christmas here as well. I did get a FABULOUS package that I put with the rest of my decorations until next year. My boxes are ready to head to the basement until next year.

m_perfect said...

We're still not done! I made the mistake(?!) of being cheap and getting the super saver shipping which stated that it might not arrive until Dec. 29th ( a chance I was willing to take). I must have read it wrong ( or else they prevaricated...could that happen?)and it shipped the 29th! Christmas will continue through next week I guess...but at least the decorations are down.