- new sound system - everyone was "miked" so that you could actually hear what was being said and sung.
- Strong performances from several lead actors/actresses.
- Sets were simple, but effective.
- Overall good casting (within the limitations of people willing to try out for a musical at their high school.)
- Music and sound effects.
- Length. The darn thing was 3 hours long - it didn't get over until 10:30 and this was a school night.
- Act II. Act I was fun and fairly lighthearted. Act II gets darker and has more of a "message". I did not appreciate it when Cinderella's prince has a fling with the baker's wife.
- Pit orchestra - technically very good and enjoyable, but at times too loud - which made listening to the words of songs tough.
- Seating. The high school auditorium has new seats that are about a million times better than the old ones, BUT, they are still about 1 inch higher that is truly comfortable for a 3 hour play. The backs of my legs were in agony by the end of the evening.