Monday, May 12, 2008

A Month and a Day.


Friday June 13th- one month and one day until school gets out. I hope the date is not an omen of things to come this summer.

I was talking to Suzanne today - her kids get out at the end of next week. I am ever so slightly envious. Usually I'm not that anxious for summer vacation - but since I've been Danny's teacher this semester, I'll be glad of the break. I hope to still get him to do some work over the summer (shh! I haven't told him yet), but if we do it will be much more casual.

Steve and I been trying to get our summer vacation plans put together - but I don't think we're going to be able to pull off anything big this summer- we have so many activities that just don't coincide.

Alex has 3 separate weeks of camp/EFY.
Andrew goes to the MTC in mid-July.
Danny has scout camp.
I have girls camp.
Nathan starts summer quarter on June 23rd.
One week in August for the family 50-miler.

Our calendar sort of looks like one of those logic puzzles they throw at you in junior high math class.

So, how are you spending your summer vacation?

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hmm, that date might be an omen.

I vaguely remember a Friday the 13th from my childhood where I ran into a parked car on my bike, got hit on the head with a hammer, and the canoes got blown off the garage. (These might be faulty memories, but it's funny to think about)

Hopefully all those Summer Plans will come together like the logic puzzle that they are.

Keira said...

Let's see...I'm coming to your house and nothing else matters at all.

Oh, and my kids will go to Grandma's for a week!

Alex said...

Just don't come to our house when we're all on vacation, Keira.