Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chick Flicks


My husband is going out of town for a couple of nights. I will miss him, but use the time as wisely as possible by indulging myself in a chick flick or two. Any recommendations? I don't like tear jerkers...or racy movies...or sappy ones....

Here is a sample of ones I do like - just to give you an idea:

  • Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth version)
  • The Princess Bride
  • Sliding Doors
  • Music and Lyrics
  • Return to Me
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Sabrina (Audrey Hepburn version)
  • On The Town or Kiss Me Kate (I love Ann Miller films)
  • The Pirates of Penzance

So...what's your favorite chick flick?

3 comments:

Keira said...

Hmmm...let me see. Too hard to think. These aren't my favs but are fun anyway:

North By Northwest (Yummo Cary Grant).
The Divorce of Lady X (Lawrence Olivier and Merle Oberon).
Daddy Long-legs or Funny Face (if you're on a Fred Estaire kick)
The Lady Eve (hilarious with Barbara Stanwick and Fonda)
Summer Stock (Gene Kelly and Judy Garland)

Suzanne said...

The Shop Around the Corner/You've got Mail.

Pillow Talk.

Sleepless in Seattle.

One favorite? No way. Umm, I guess Cary Grant or Tom Hanks would be my pick for favorite to watch.

Debbie said...

Joe vs. the Volcano. I need to buy it. But only if I can find it for cheap.