Friday, May 23, 2008

R.S.V.P.

We hosted our "dinner group" this evening. There were supposed to be 3 other couples besides Steve and I. A couple of days ago one couple backed out. That's okay - my table really only fits 6 comfortably. Another couple couldn't come because of health reasons. That left one couple and us. I'm really glad I had Steve invite another family from work to join us (a summer intern, his wife and 2 small children). The young intern couple were nice and I think they appreciated getting out of their temporary lodgings, even if it was only for an evening.

I enjoyed our "party" - I was very laid back about the whole thing, I didn't stress out about it at all. I was calm as a cucumber at 6:20. Our dinner was supposed to be at 6pm, but everyone was fashionably late. I think the first couple came at about 6:25pm. Didn't bother me at all. We had sent the boys to the movies so Steve and I had the entire house to ourselves.

It was lovely.

2 comments:

Keira said...

"Sent the boys to the movies..."

How glibly you relate the most delightful facets of your life.

Debbie said...

I've served my time (i.e. kids climbing out of cribs x 6, late night/early morning feedings x 6, diapers x 6, etc...) -I'm just giving you a glimpse into heaven.