Sunday, March 1, 2009

I've Got A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts

One problem with only having the freezer that's attached to the fridge is that I sometimes would "lose" things in it. Forget that I already had one open....

When we got our new chest freezer I was able to rearrange things a bit...lo and behold I found not one....not two....three open packages of coconut. I'm now on a quest to use it up. Which would be a lot easier if my boys liked it too.

I found a recipe for coconut cream pie on the internet today...if the pie actually tastes good I'll post it. (I know it doesn't look great, but you try making a pie with only one hand!).




3 comments:

Suzanne said...

So, was it good?

Debbie said...

It was just okay - the taste was fine but the texture was not quite right. Lashings of whipped cream would have elevated it to "good". I'll have to keep an eye out for a better recipe.

Keira said...

"lashings"--glad to see some Betty Neels-isms make its way into your cooking... ;0)