First of all, I blame Sue. She's gaining hundreds of square feet of living space in her house. Since I haven't been able to convince my husband that we need more square footage, I have to find it where ever I can. This week we found some under our bathroom sink.
I have a fairly small vanity - as those of you who helped me install the granite counter top can attest to (thank you Keira and Tia). No drawers at all. It pretty much tends to be a sort of black hole for toiletries. Stuff went in, but seldom went out. The few things under there that I do need on a regular basis were just hard to get to.
Now that we have our food storage organized in the garage I have managed to declutter most of my kitchen cupboards. It's time to do the same to my bathroom. I have a couple of shelves down in the garage designated for toiletries/bathroom stuff. I took everything out of my vanity, and plan to minimize what will be stored there. Here's my under sink plan:
- one only - unopened deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- open containers of other hygiene products...
- toilet wand and refills (I use the disposable Clorox ones)
- toilet paper (as much as will fit)
Things I will NOT put back.
- cleaning supplies (except toilet wand)
- multiple containers of unopened toiletries
- ancient open containers (they are going directly to the trash)
- hair cutting paraphernalia - it must find a new home. Probably in the hall closet.