Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Physical Theraphy, session 1

I have to admit that physical therapy didn't turn out to be quite what I expected. I was ghoulishly expecting to be tortured. Nope. It was more like 20 minutes of warm massage and then 10 to 20 minutes of gentle stretching. The only painful part was/is some of the homework - the exercises that I'm supposed to do at home. The good news is that I'm only a little sore right now.

I have 4 different exercises for homework. I really should have written them down, but thankfully Steve came in near the end and saw what they are - so he can help remind me. One of them is a bit of a killer - I have to reach around my wrist with my right hand and gently twist is back and forth. Yeah. That one hurts.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, that sounds nice. Sure, the homework might not be so great, but I'm sure the massage would feel good.

Keira said...

Do they play Enya and burn incense? If so, I think you're in the wrong place...

Debbie said...

No Enya...but my PT's name is "Brad". I'm not sure what to think of that.

m_perfect said...

Deb told me about "Brad" and I think he sounds like a "golf pro for women". Watch out with all that hand holding is all I'm sayin' ;)

AM Runner CA said...

As a general rule I don't like other people touching me - sometimes not even my kids - so to go see someone who's job it was to touch people is a little weird to me. I always want to ask inappropriate questions like, "Why this job?", "Do you really like touching people that much?", "What do you do if someone smells bad?", or "Can you scrub you hands hard enough?". I know, I have issues.