Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Kind of Canning

I spent the afternoon up in Mt. Vernon at the dry pack cannery. I wasn't sure how much help I would be...with my one good arm, but it turns out you only need one arm to scoop powdered milk into can. Same with hot chocolate mix. Ditto for sugar. A friend (Pat) and I did the same items.
I know what you're thinking. You're asking yourself "Where can I get a cool apron and hairnet?" Answer: Go to the cannery.

Joseph L. and a person who would like to remain nameless (Jill) took the cans that Pat and I had filled and got them ready to have their lids applied. The lady who was in charge of us at the cannery did warn us ahead of time that they always have someone get a cut. Every time. Pat was the victim of our group. Don't worry Pat. It'll feel better when it quits hurting.

3 comments:

m_perfect said...

Classic.

Frankie/mom said...

My LEAST favorite thing to dry pack! MILK & HOT CHOCOLATE! Seems to get everywhere. But always happy when it's in my pantry & ready for service!

Keira said...

I think I need to go get a hair net...