Friday, July 24, 2009

Dreading the Dentist


Why would anyone grow up to be a dentist? I can understand being a doctor or a nurse...but a dentist? No one (that I know) enjoys going to the dentist.

We went to our last dentist, Dr. Jacobson, for 14 1/2 years. I really liked him. He was kind. He was gentle. His office didn't reek of dental office, he had the best selection of magazines, I never had to wait more than 5 minutes. He retired last month. Two weeks later I lost a crown. Now I have to see a new dentist.

I sort of wish you could have try-outs. Put an ad in the paper and then a bunch of dentists would apply to be YOUR dentist. You could see ahead of time if you actually liked them, or if they were scary.

Wish me luck. I'm off to see the dentist.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

I'm going with her to hold her hand.

Keira said...

and test drive the new dentist, Steve...