Friday, June 26, 2009

A Room With a View

A big tree in the Quinault rain forest. The rain forest aspect of the Olympic Peninsula doesn't get me all excited. It's forest...and it rains a lot. The end. It was pretty, but frankly, being from the Pacific Northwest I've seen a forest or two.
A room with a view. A view of Lake Quinault. We really did like the Lake Quinault Lodge. It felt like being in a time warp back to the 20's or 30's. Franklin Delano Roosevelt stayed there. It looks like a president would have stayed there. In the 20's or 30's. There were no telephones or tv's in the rooms (at least not in the rooms in the lodge - which was where we were). I'm pretty sure the walls weren't all that thick - so having tv's blaring would have been annoying. There was a large common room right under our room - complete with a huge fireplace, leather sofas and chairs, game tables, piano, writing desk, and an armoire that was filled with board games and puzzles. Steve and I played a game of Scrabble. I won't say who won....

A starfish at Beach 4. North of Kalaloch (pronounced : klay-lock). Awesome tide pools. Two thumbs up for the tide pools.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I won't tell you who won either. However, if for some odd reason you guessed me your wrong.