Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Movies

Tis' the season....for summer blockbusters (yes, I know it is technically still Spring). A couple of week s ago we went to see the new Star Trek movie. Loved it. Not just a little. Last night we saw Night at the Museum. It was fine. Not great, but it did have some good moments. Awesome special effects, and a hilarious Egyptian mummy guy - with a lisp. Amy Adams (Enchanted) was also in it - as aviatrix Amelia Earhart. I didn't really enjoy her character (using the word "moxie" more than once in a movie should be against every law of man and nature).

I'm looking forward to a couple more movies that are coming "up" - yes, UP is one of them. There is also the new Harry Potter movie coming out in July (I think).

What movies are you looking forward to?

5 comments:

Mad Runner said...

Harry Potter!!! I am calling in (cough, hack, achoo!)that day! I will have the Sneezles of course.

The Time Traveler's Wife (if it is rated okay). Loved the book - now please don't mangle it!

Up! Who doesn't love a character that reminds me of Grandpa Hanna (Mel)!

Debbie said...

That's the reason I love Second Hand Lions - it reminds me of Grandpa Walley and Uncle Bob.

Keira said...

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jjmnolte/2009/05/27/review-up/

That's the site of my favorite movie reviewer on Up!. (he LOVED it and is not usually in love with animation.) I only wish I weren't such a nursing mom.

m_perfect said...

What! They've got new things to show at the talkies?! Don't get out too much anymore but I might try some if I know what's good---I will be expecting reviews!

Suzanne said...

UP!

Other than that, we'll see what movies we actually get a babysitter for.