Sunday, May 17, 2009

Name That Tune


I hate it when I get a fragment of a song in my head and I can't quite place it. That happened to me this morning - and it's been bugging me all day. All day.

Before church I went through most of the hymnbook looking for it...with just the following to go by:

"Alpha and Omega he,_______(Lord or king??)of all creation, dum ti dum ti dum ti dum ti dum ti dum ti a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ation. "

I remembered the melody for that part - so I sang it (with sound effects instead of the missing words) to: our choir director, organist, choir pianist, and two or three other people. The only clue I was able to glean was that one person (the organist) was pretty sure it was a Christmas song, and it isn't in the hymnbook.

Hmmm. Not much to go by. I ran it by Marcy - she came up with nothing...then I finally broke down and searched the internet. Bingo.

Now, if only someone on Youtube sang it well. (By well I mean so that you could understand the words). I would post the lyrics - but every version I find is different. Even the name of the song varies. "Unto Us a Son is Born", "Unto Us is Born a Son", "Unto Us a Child is Born"....

...no wonder it was hard to find.

1 comment:

Keira said...

I do that when watching British tv. Where have I seen that actor before? (scratches head)