Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Literal Hero Worship


As a novice at blogging, I'm still trying to get my bearings - I wrote another post this morning and accidently erased it.

I had a comment posted by Rex Parker (of NYT Crossword Puzzle blog fame!). And now a crossword puzzle digression...

I have a love/like/hate relationship with the NYT Crossword puzzle. On Monday and Tuesday I usually love it. On Wednesday I sometimes love it, sometimes like it. It only goes downhill from there. I love Friday and Saturday if I am able to finish. I feel like a genius. It actually just means that the puzzles were exceptionally easy for a Friday or Saturday - but I still feel like a genius. If I figure out answers that had Rex Parker stumped for a while (unusual, but it has happened) I again feel like a genius. That said, I would be ungrateful if I neglected to thank Rex Parker for helping through the dumb days. Especially the rebus days. He is my crossword puzzle superhero. Not a MAN OF STEEL with unlikely superpowers from another planet nor yet a mutant SPIDERMAN with webslinging abilities, but more like the classic BATMAN as portrayed by Adam West NOT any of his successors. I like that he looks like a regular Joe and doesn't have any freaky superpowers - just cool accessories - and no padded muscles for him. What you see is what you get. And ya' gotta love the giggle factor.

No comments: