Friday, December 14, 2007

I am sew done....

Like leaves changing color in the fall or tulips popping up in the spring, come December at my house out comes the sewing machine. I am not an avid seamstress - frankly most sewing projects just leave me cold, but there is something about the Christmas season that brings out the needle and thread in me.




When my oldest children were young I spent hours making them teddy bears with real suede pads on their "paws". 20 years later I still manage to find things that need sewing. I think it's sort of a "comfort food" activity - sewing evokes the Christmas spirit - but taken in excess (like comfort food) it eventually causes physical repercussions. Frankly it can turn into a real pain in the neck. It's time to stow the ol' Kenmore and kick back and watch a Christmas movie.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ammm, It'll feel better when it quits hurting. :)

I'm sure that Lily will LOVE the apron.

Suzanne said...

That was supposed to say awww, I'm still a little loopy.

Keira said...

Does you hand cramp us and develop sew-ers claw?