Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolute



I have a bit of an obsessive nature when it comes to finishing things that I say I will do. I'm somewhat cautious about committing to do things, because I know that if I tell someone that I'll do a thing, I will pretty much guilt myself into getting it done.

So what is my problem with New Years Resolutions? I nearly always make them, and I nearly always come up short when it comes to completing them. This year I had 10 goals. Okay, that's probably part of the problem - that's a lot of things to work on. Of the 10 I accomplished 3, did way better in a different way on 1, started, then fizzled on 5, and totally blew 1.

What's funny to me is that I don't feel too bad about the 5 I started and fizzled on. I may even make some of them goals again for this year. I look at it this way - at least I did something in those areas. One of my goals was to write in my journal regularly. I just looked through it, and I actually had 80 entries. That's a new record for me, and I'm not even counting this blog - which is up to 21 entries as of yesterday. I may have fizzled during the middle of the year (April through September), but something is better than nothing, and 100 entries is a huge improvement on nothing.

So, what are my New Year's resolutions for this year? I'll have to get back to you on that. Tomorrow.

No comments: