Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our Man in Japan

Dear Family,


I mentioned how there was the sewage problem last week. That wasn`t in the apartment, it was in the church. To be honest I`m a little grateful for that because no one had to stay in the church and deal with the smell. The carpet in front of the toilet was replaced so it`s fine again, even if they never did find the problem. The assumption is something was stuck in the pipes but then went down.

Thanks for sending the rules for Go. I ended up playing a game with an old man, I sort had an idea of how it worked. But I wasn`t quite sure on all the rules so I kinda felt like I was just randomly placing stones on the board with no idea of what I was doing which wasn`t far from the truth. I ended up with less than 0 points :P.

We had Branch Family Night this last Friday. We made soft tacos together. I made a lot of tortillas from scratch because they`re not sold in Japan for the most part (As far as I know). It turned out good. Everyone had fun and it was the first time most of them have eaten tortillas, taco meat, and salsa (The salsa was from Costco).

We ordered a new set of CDs for Sacrament and a new CD player so that we don`t have to worry about the music skipping. They`re both pretty old I think.

We`re teaching a man called Nagai the lessons. We met him around the beginning of the month and invited him to church. He ended up coming on the 21st and yesterday as well. We`re meeting with him again tomorrow. He`s a really good person and really has been searching for the truth. He reminds me of D&C 123:12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—

Well I think that`s all for this week. Take care of yourselves.

Sincerely,
Elder Andrew West.

No comments: