Friday, June 3, 2011

Thrifty Me.

I really can't justify buying a new bag to take with me to SLC next week.  I have a few that would work. My problem with them is like that of Goldilocks - this one is too big, that one is too small...I wanted one that was just right.  But I didn't want to go to the store. Or spend any money on it.  I achieved my goal as far as frugality goes...the jury's still out on whether this bag is 'just right'.
All the hardware used in the making of this bag was re-purposed from elsewhere.
All the fabric was also either re-purposed or scraps from other projects.  The discerning eye
might notice the same fabric recently used in my master bathroom.  The dark brown corduroy
is from an old pair of Steve's pants. The little embroidered bit is from an old, stained, doily.

This is the back - notice the colorful strip of fabric that I inserted so as to come out even.
It's almost like I meant to do that.

Ta-da! Here's the front. Like I said, I'm still not sure whether it's
just right, but I'm leaving myself open to the possibility.  I did manage to make it
just the right size to hold a three ring binder...if I was inclined to want to put one in it.

1 comment:

Keira said...

It's totally adorable. Much better than my humble efforts this week and I'll be willing to bet you spent less time working your seam ripper too. Nice job, Deb.