Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hola Elder

I've ran into some more elders I recognize from home.


First: Elder Nino Pengeria (sp?) who I knew through the singles branch. He's going to Arcadia California, if I remember correctly.

Second: Elder Kunz, though I feel kind of guilty since I don't know anything about him other than the fact that I recognize his face. I don't even remember where he's going.

Third: A couple elders I've ran across claim to recognize me because they apparently lived in the same building as me at BYU this past winter. I feel a bit guilty that I don't remember anything about them.

On a similar note, one of my teachers, Hermana ("Sister" en espaƱol) Baum, says that she was companions with a certain Hermana Vaughan-Schultz during the last three months of her mission. Quite the small world we live in.

Six sentences in and I'm running out of ideas of things to write about. umm...

...the progressing investigators that our teachers were role playing dropped us (kinda). One of them turned out to be a drug dealer, so I guess it's not that much of a loss (maybe). Really though, I think it was an excuse for them to have us teach each other instead of them being bored to death by our lessons 10 times per week. Fortunately our lesson-giving skill have improved a bit, so by the time we enter the mission field we should at least be able to go for 30 minutes without our investigators keeling over to sleep.

umm... on Sunday we got to watch the evening fireside in the cafeteria, because the gym floor is being redone. Between that and the mission president seminar, that makes for like 18 out of our ~63 days
here when the gym was unusable. In other words, I've been playing a lot of soccer outside during gym time.

Hasta la pasta,
Elder West

No comments: