Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cream Cheese Danish

Pinterest win!

I'd like to try some cold, but I'm not sure we'll have any left.
I am a bit addicted to Pinterest lately.  Love. It.  Anywho...while trolling the boards this week I came across a picture of diy cream cheese danish.  It's dangerously easy to make.  Dang.  So far the voting has been unanimous - it's a winner.  My only regret is that I forgot that I happen to have some raspberry filling down in my food storage.  Oh well, next time.

I did make mine with the reduced fat cream cheese - so this is practically a diet food.  I was not, however, willing to compromise standards and try the 'lite' crescent rolls.  That just seems wrong.

Cream Cheese Danish
(slightly adapted from The Adventures of Kitchen Girl)


Ingredients:
2 cans ready to use refrigerated crescent rolls
1 8-ounce packages cream cheese (regular or low fat)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 egg (break one into a small bowl, stir with a fork to break it up, then eyeball the amount)
1 egg white

Glaze(I used some leftover vanilla frosting, but if you don’t have any of that):
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method:
Preheat oven to 350* degrees and grease a 13X9-inch baking pan. Lay a pack of crescent rolls in the pan and pinch the openings together. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg together until smooth. Spread the mixture over the crescent rolls evenly and then lay the second pack of crescent rolls on top of the cheese mixture and brush with egg white. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown. Top with glaze after cooling for 20 minutes.

Servings: Since there are currently four people residing in my house, I'd have to say: 4 servings. I was pleasantly surprised with how easily this sliced - even when warm - so you could cut the pieces as small as you'd like.

No comments: