Thursday, October 20, 2011

Will It Blend?

Will it Blend?

I think Alex needs this t-shirt...

I plan on doing an ongoing series on what I've made for Alex to eat...er...drink while his jaw is wired shut.  Not necessarily recipes, but at least a list of what works and what doesn't.

McDonald's vanilla shake - thumbs up.
Blended Zuppa Toscana - I had to strain it through a sieve.  The end result tasted fine, but there was quite a bit of waste.
Canned Peaches smoothie - dump a can of peaches in the blender, then add a few scoop of vanilla ice cream.  I found it too sweet, Daniel didn't like the temperature - he prefers ice cold smoothies.  Alex slurped it down.
Yogurt.  I bought a few of the "blended" variety from Fred Meyer.  It packs 7 grams of protein in one serving.  I plan to go to Costco today or tomorrow and buy some Chobani (Greek yogurt) - it has twice as much protein - but I'm a little concerned that I may need to thin it a little so that he can drink it - I'm also a little concerned about the fruit in it.  Maybe I can make yogurt smoothies with it?
Ivar's Smoked Salmon Chowder - I dumped a couple of cups into the blender - then poured through a sieve.  Not nearly as much waste as the Zuppa Toscana.  Alex liked it. I'll check Costco and see if they still have it.

No comments: