Monday, April 11, 2011

Two things I love...around my home.

I've been pretty caught up with blogging this past year and a half.  Not on this blog...on my other blog (the one I do with Keira). Sadly, this blog has been languishing on the sidelines, gasping for breath. In just over 2 weeks, Keira and I will be done with our blog project (whew!). It's been a monumental time and creativity sucker for me - but now that I'm down to three reviews, I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. Time for some artificial respiration.

I ran across a blog post here that made me pull my head up out of the sand and take a closer look at my home. Is my home as good as it can be? No. N. O.  Nope. So here's my plan. I'm going to focus on finding the things that I love about my house, and purging the stuff I don't love. As a plan it might be lacking a little, but it does have the recommendation of being free.  Heck, my visiting teacher suggested that I tote my used books down to Half-Price Books and see how much they'll give me. 
Globes.  I have somewhere in the neighborhood of two dozen.
This is my oldest - I love that it's a little slice of history.
Can you say 'Belgium Congo'?

Built-in bookcases. You can just see a corner of my
discard pile teetering on top.
I started off with some purging this morning. I went through my entire set of built-in bookcases, plus the shelves in my grandmother's secretary, plus 1/2 of one bookcase in the office.  If I had to guess, I'd say I have two or three orange boxes worth of discards. It's a start.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love the globes. I would like to have more in my house...but I need to get rid of stuff before I bring more in.

As for the bookshelves, pure awesomeness.

Stephanie said...

Fun! I'm not sure how well the discard method would work in my house, though. It still feels pretty empty.

Tia Harrington said...

It is amazing how fresh a recently ransacked and reassembled room can look! Way to go... and I am willing to take any disguarded globes.