Friday, May 14, 2010

Our Man in Japan

Dear Family,


Happy Mothers Day. I almost made a coffee cake in honor of it because that's probably what I would have done if I were home. I would've been the only one to eat the cake so I decided not to. I am making a pecan pie for the Branch's Family Home Evening tomorrow. I looked in the dictionary and it said pecans come from an American pecan nut tree. I guess that's why they don't exist here in Japan. I'm not sure where to find Corn Syrup in Japan so I bought some 水あめ it looks the same, I think it might be Corn Syrup. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when we eat it.

I didn't mention how my companion and I accidentally sat on Healthtrons did I? We were walking down an outdoor shopping mall and my companion mentioned how there was one store that always had a bunch of old people in front of it and he didn't know what it was. Well as we walked down we saw people in front of the store. We decided to stop for a moment to try to figure out what kind of store it was. The old people started motioning for us to come in and were saying 'It's free' 'It won't take longer than 20 minutes' We still couldn't figure out what kind of place it was so we decided to walk inside hoping we'd be able to talk with people. There were some black cushioned benches with black solid foot rests. We sat down like everyone else, we were kinda weirded out but figured there was nothing dangerous. Then we accidentally brushed up against each other and felt a shock. The guy in charge there than spent the next 20 minutes talking about the wonders of Healthtron and how the electrical currents gave our body a micro massage and would clean our blood. He did a decent show of it and mentioned how the silly American FDA hadn't gotten around to approving it yet . He eventually stopped talking and we were able to leave. I'm going to be a little more careful of walking into unknown stores in the future.

Well I guess that's it for this week. Take Care.

Sincerely,
Elder Andrew West

No comments: