Saturday, April 6, 2013

Meringue Cookies OR Snatching Success from the Jaws of Defeat


...um...you had me at coconut...
If you like coconut at all.  I mean AT ALL you should make these.

Now.

The second best thing about them is that I had all the ingredients in my cupboards.  All of them.

The best thing is how they taste as they melt in your mouth.  Awesome.  That's how they taste.

I found the recipe via Pinterest (of course)...here's the link to Our Lady of Second Helpings.

I followed the recipe fairly closely - except that I left out the rum flavoring and after baking, I turned the oven off and left the meringues in the oven for another 1/2 hour, then immediately put them in a closed container where they stayed nice and dry...

..unlike the lemon meringues which I foolishly left on the counter for 1/2 an hour or so...
Oh, the humanity...er...humidity!





No comments: