We finally got our 1971 Aristocrat Lo-Liner trailer whipped into some semblence of shape...enough to take it out for a test run over Memorial Day Weekend. We're not done - there is still a ton left to do, but if I wait until we're totally done to post pictures, it might not happen. So, without further ado, I give you:
|This was where we were with it back in January...I think. This might have been before that. Notice the refrigerator (non-working), with a furnace below. Also note the dinette up at the front. Now, say goodbye.|
|I hope you said goodbye, because they are all gone. Now, say goodbye to the stove (also non-working).|
|Farewell to most of the damaged paneling, and hello to new insulation...|
|...and hello to new paneling. You might notice the intricate shape - some people might have pieced their paneling, but that's not how my husband rolls. He's an engineer - and he rolls in a very engineery manner.|
Look how pretty the new floor is! We managed to get exactly enough width left from the adding the new kitchen cabinet so that we could build in a full size bed! No need to fold it up every day. I reallyreallyreallyreally wanted a bed that was just a bed, and we got it! Really.
And now for the (semi) finished product:
The kitchen counter doubles as a nightstand.
Lots and lots of counter space.
The curtains are actually dish towels I found at Walmart. I love that they aren't too busy, but yet go really well with the vintage vibe I was trying for.
Look at all the counter space!
All the pictures were hung using Command Strips.
Instead of the non working oven, we used a toaster oven and a hot plate. It's amazing what you can accomplish with those two appliances.
Art by Danny...I'd like to point out that I have never (yet) had blue hair.
I do love me some shelves.
We still have a TON to do: