- "rush hour(s)" traffic through Seattle is always bad.
- "rush hour(s)" traffic through Tacoma is always bad.
- there is inevitably an accident between Tacoma and Olympia when you least want to be slowed down by one. Or two.
- pre-Labor Day traffic on I-5 is always horrendous. Without exception.
That said, I'm pretty excited about how our trip yesterday went. A special thank you to Steve who actually did all the driving and then went out after midnight to take pictures.
According to the title, we now are the proud owners of a 1971 Aristocrat Lo-Liner. That's according to the title. It looks a lot like some 1970 Lo-Liners that I have found on the internet. The ad for it on craigslist was brief:
Before you get all judge-y...it is in "decent shape"...for a 1971 trailer that is selling for $750.
|I'm sure our neighbors will be excited to wake up to this!|
|Let's start a "Need to Do" list, shall we?|
2. Replace broken window (that's the one with duct tape over it)
|See #1. (wiring)|
|What's behind Door #2? The door on the right (with the mirror) lead to the bathroom...which has a working toilet and shower. |
3. Rip up nasty pink(!) carpeting.
4. Remove old curtains.
5. Toss out foam cushions.
|Are you as excited as I am about the avocado appliances? I sort of don't hate them. We'll see if I can talk Steve around. If not...|
6. Paint appliances.
|This is the dinette area. I plan on making this a fixed bed... |
...after removing curtains and cushions (see #4 and #5)
- New flooring.
- Tear out vanity (that's the little sink under the back window.
- Take out furnace (it's below the refrigerator), and move fridge down to floor level...which would mean also putting in a new counter top.
- New back splash.
- Do something about/to the ugly paneling.
- New exterior paint.
- etc, etc, etc...